**March 6, 2017 — Mbox v4.1 Released**
* US$7500 List Price
* US$750 Upgrade from existing Mbox Designer v3 license
Mbox® Designer v4 is the highest specification in the Mbox family of media server software. As the fully-featured version of the Mbox, Designer can have up to 24 playback layers, 32 outputs each with its own output master, and 8 video inputs. Like all members of the Mbox family, Designer includes the single-layer crossfading that makes Mbox so easy to use and fast to program. Designer offers substantial power and versatility, operating identically to the other Mbox software versions in playback, effects, and transition functions and adding the full capabilities of unlimited pixel-mapping, image remapping, and 3D projection mapping.
- 24 playback layers for 2D and 3D content, all with single-layer crossfade
- Up to 32 independently controllable outputs: Levels, Camera, Effects, Keystone, and Shutter
- Full 3D object and viewpoint manipulation for composition or projection mapping
- Flexible output resolutions (up to 4K at 60Hz) including Blackmagic devices (Decklink and UltraStudio)
- Playback of 4K content
- Up to 8 video inputs from QuickTime, Blackmagic (Decklink or UltraStudio), or Active Silicon
- Audio playback with independent volume control on every layer
- Syphon input and output
- Art-Net and sACN input/output for control and pixel mapping
- Unlimited pixels for pixel mapping
Mbox Designer can be used on both big and small productions because it has power and flexibility but also allows for simple operation and programming. Mbox Director, a simple yet sophisticated graphical user interface control application for the Mbox family of products can be downloaded and used for free. Director allows users to configure and control all aspects of Mbox (Designer/Studio/Mini) content and playback from any Mac computer.
Alternatively, a moving light console may be used to control Mbox v4; fixture profiles exist for popular consoles. For evaluation purposes, the Mbox Designer v4 software can be run in demo mode until a license is purchased. We always recommend testing the software on your computer prior to purchasing as hardware setups can have an impact on performance.
Mbox Designer v4 can be used on any Apple® Mac® computer that has an Intel 64-bit processor, running OSX 10.9 Mavericks or any newer version of the Mac operating system.
Mbox Designer v4 is licensed using a USB license key that can be moved to any computer. If you would like to purchase a license key for Mbox Designer v4 or upgrade an existing USB license key from Designer v3 to Designer v4, please contact your local PRG office or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have any questions about Mbox? Contact MboxSupport@prg.com