Video composition has become an increasingly important element not only for live entertainment, but also for TV and Film work as well as corporate events. Mbox Designer is the most fully-featured version of the Mbox® media server family and is intended for use on larger or more involved shows requiring complex composition across multiple display surfaces.
**NEW RELEASE - March 29, 2022 - Mbox Designer v4.4.5 with bug fixes**
Scroll to the bottom of this page for more information and downloads
Have any questions about Mbox? Contact MboxSupport@prg.com
* US$7500 List Price
* US$750 Upgrade from existing Mbox Designer v3 license
Click here for more information about Mbox hardware and OS compatibility
Like all members of the Mbox family, Designer includes the single-layer crossfading that makes Mbox so easy to use and fast to program. Designer offers substantial power and versatility, operating identically to the other Mbox software versions in playback, effects, and transition functions while adding the full 3D capabilities as well as unlimited pixel-mapping and image remapping. Due to its flexibility and ability to deliver multi-layer compositions to multiple surfaces simultaneously, Designer is a great choice for TV and film work, or large shows with both video and pixel mapping.
- 24 playback layers for 2D and 3D content, all with single-layer crossfade
- Up to 32 outputs, with 32 independent output masters: levels, camera, effects, keystone, and shutter
- Full 3D object and viewpoint manipulation for composition or projection mapping
- Flexible video output resolutions (up to 4K at 60Hz) through built-in outputs, Blackmagic devices, Syphon, and NewTek NDI®
- Total output size is limited only by the performance of the hardware
- Playback of 4K+ content (still, movies, image sequences)
- Up to 8 video inputs from Blackmagic, AVFoundation, Syphon, or NewTek NDI® sources
- Audio playback with independent volume control on every layer
- Unlimited pixel mapping output
Check out the Mbox Comparison Chart for more details on the differences between Mbox Designer, Studio, Studio+, and Mini.
Mbox Director, a GUI control application for the Mbox media server products, can be downloaded and used for free. Director allows users to configure and control all aspects of Mbox content and playback from any Mac computer. Moving light consoles can also be used to control Mbox; fixture profiles exist for most popular consoles.
Mbox Designer is licensed using a USB license key that can be moved to any computer. If you would like to purchase a USB license key for Mbox Designer or upgrade an existing Mbox USB license key to Designer, please contact your local PRG office.
The latest Mbox Designer software is compatible with macOS versions from 10.10 Yosemite to 12 Monterey, and with both Intel and Apple Silicon processor computers. While the software is not yet native to Apple Silicon processors, a universal version is in development. (Note: Older versions of the Mbox software are not compatible with newer versions of macOS or with Apple Silicon processor computers.).
For evaluation purposes, the Mbox Designer software will run in demo mode (with only minor limitations) until a license is purchased. We always recommend testing the software on your computer prior to purchasing, as hardware can have an impact on performance.