**NEW RELEASE - July 12, 2019 - Mbox Designer v4.4 with bug fixes and enhancements**
Scroll to the bottom of this page for more information and downloads
Have any questions about Mbox? Contact MboxSupport@prg.com
* US$7500 List Price
* US$750 Upgrade from existing Mbox Designer v3 license
Note: Mbox v4.3.2 and beyond are compatible with macOS 10.14 Mojave!
Mbox® Designer v4 is the highest specification in the Mbox family of media server software. As the fully-featured version of the Mbox, Designer can have 24 playback layers, 32 independently mastered outputs, and 8 video inputs. Like all members of the Mbox family, Designer includes the single-layer crossfading that makes Mbox so easy to use and fast to program. Designer offers substantial power and versatility, operating identically to the other Mbox software versions in playback, effects, and transition functions and adding the full capabilities of unlimited pixel-mapping, image remapping, and 3D projection mapping.
- 24 playback layers for 2D and 3D content, all with single-layer crossfade
- Up to 32 independently controllable outputs: Levels, Camera, Effects, Keystone, and Shutter
- Full 3D object and viewpoint manipulation for composition or projection mapping
- Flexible video output resolution (up to 4K60) from built-in and Blackmagic devices
- Playback of 4K content
- Up to 8 video inputs from QuickTime, Blackmagic, or Active Silicon devices
- Audio playback with independent volume control on every layer
- Syphon input and output
- Art-Net and sACN input/output for control and pixel mapping
- Unlimited pixels for pixel mapping
Check out the Mbox Comparison Chart for more details on the differences between Mbox Designer, Studio, Studio+, and Mini.
Mbox Director, a GUI control application for the Mbox media server products, can be downloaded and used for free. Director allows users to configure and control all aspects of Mbox content and playback from any Mac computer. Moving light consoles can also be used to control Mbox v4; fixture profiles exist for most popular consoles.
Mbox Designer v4 can be used on any Apple® Mac® computer with an Intel 64-bit processor, running macOS 10.10 Yosemite through 10.14 Mojave. (Note: Versions of Mbox prior to v4.3.2 are not compatible with macOS 10.14 Mojave.) For evaluation purposes, the Mbox Designer v4 software will run in demo mode with only minor limitations until a license is purchased. We always recommend testing the software on your computer prior to purchasing, as hardware setup can have an impact on performance.
Mbox Designer v4 is licensed using a USB license key that can be moved to any computer. If you would like to purchase a license key for Mbox Designer v4 or upgrade an existing Mbox USB license key to Designer v4, please contact your local PRG office.