**NEW RELEASE — January 11, 2019 — Mbox Player v1.1 with Mojave compatibility & new features**
Scroll to the bottom of this page for more information and downloads
Have any questions about Mbox Player? Contact MboxSupport@prg.com
Honorable Mention - Best Debuting Projection Product at Live Design LDI - November 2017
* US$599 List Price
Note: Mbox Player v1.1 is compatible with macOS 10.14 Mojave!
Mbox® Player is the newest member of the Mbox family of software. Mbox Player is a media playback application created with the ideas of simple setup, quick programming, and streamlined playback control. Player is based on the technology found in PRG's existing line of Mbox media server software. Because of this, Player benefits from 10+ years of media playback expertise and a commitment to ease-of-use and reliability.
Mbox Player offers video professionals a simple, fast, and reliable platform for the delivery of typical 16:9 video with built-in looping and crossfading. It is the perfect choice for the video professional looking to provide linear cueing and single-layer playback control without the complexity of a typical media server.
Mbox Player is designed for the playback and output of individual video and still image clips with the ability to apply a variable crossfade or delay between each item. Player’s interface uses the industry-standard concept of Preview and Program buses to provide both a look ahead view in the Preview bus, and when loaded into the Program bus, clips are output from the computer’s show output.
- Simple user interface with media organization for cueing, preview, and playback
- Immediate visual feedback in both preview and program buses
- Flexible video output resolution (up to 4K60) from connected display devices
- Syphon output of Program bus (New in v1.1)
- Playback of content up to 4K resolution
- Configurable transitions between media clips - cuts, delays, and crossfades, seamless looping
- Custom background color - not just black (New in v1.1)
- Rapid programming for adding clips, previewing and modifying their properties, then moving to playback
- Trigger and playback synchronization between multiple Mbox Player instances, with variable trigger delay
- OSC control of Take, Kill, Load and other functions (New in v1.1)
- Drag and drop copying of properties between clips
- Edit all clip properties during playback
- Audio playback (up to 8 channels) with volume control and variable audio delay
- Playback of standalone and sidecar audio files (New in v1.1)
Mbox Player can be used on any Apple® Mac® computer that has an Intel 64-bit processor, running OS X 10.10 Yosemite or any newer version of the Mac operating system. For evaluation purposes, the Mbox Player software can be run in demo mode with only minor limitations until a license is purchased. We always recommend testing the software on your computer prior to purchasing as hardware setups can have an impact on performance.
Mbox Player can be licensed using a USB license key that can be moved to any computer an unlimited number of times, or with a soft-license that has restrictions on the number of activations. If you would like to purchase a license key for Mbox Player, please contact your local PRG office. A soft-license can be purchased by clicking the button below or directly through the Mbox Player application. Please see the note** below in regard to the limitations of the soft-license.
Until a license is purchased, Mbox Player can run in a demo mode with only minor limitations.
We strongly recommend testing on your computer prior to purchasing.
*Purchases made through the Mbox Player application or by clicking on the button above will redirect you to the Mbox Player Web Store. Purchases made on the Web Store are for a soft-license with limitations on the number of installations, and not for a USB license key. If you would prefer a USB license key that can be moved to any computer, please contact your local PRG office.
**The Mbox Player soft-license allows the software license to be activated on only one computer at a time. Additional licenses must be purchased for use on additional computers. The Mbox Player software soft-license can be deactivated on the computer and then reactivated on another computer. An internet connection is required for both activation and deactivation. Soft-license Terms & Conditions