**Mbox Player 1.2.1 is compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina. However at this time High Sierra and Mojave are still preferred.**
Scroll to the bottom of this page for more information and downloads
Have any questions about Mbox Player? Contact MboxSupport@prg.com
Honorable Mention - Best Debuting Projection Product at Live Design LDI - November 2017
* US$599 List Price
Scroll down for button to purchase a soft-license for Mbox Player
Mbox® Player is the newest member of the Mbox family of software. Mbox Player is a media playback application created with the ideas of simple setup, quick programming, and streamlined playback control. Player is based on the technology found in PRG's existing line of Mbox media server software. Because of this, Player benefits from 10+ years of media playback expertise and a commitment to ease-of-use and reliability.
Mbox Player offers video professionals a simple, fast, and reliable platform for the delivery of typical 16:9 video with built-in looping and crossfading. It is the perfect choice for the video professional looking to provide linear cueing and single-layer playback control without the complexity of a typical media server.
Mbox Player is designed for the playback and output of individual video and still image clips with the ability to apply a variable crossfade or delay between each item. Player’s interface uses the industry-standard concept of Preview and Program buses to provide both a look ahead view in the Preview bus, and when loaded into the Program bus, clips are output from the computer’s show output.
- Simple user interface with media organization for cueing, preview, and playback
- Immediate visual feedback in both preview and program buses
- Flexible video output resolution (up to 4K60) from connected display devices
- Syphon output of Program bus
- Playback of content up to 4K resolution
- Configurable transitions between media clips - cuts, delays, and crossfades, seamless looping
- Custom background color - not just black
- Rapid programming for adding clips, previewing and modifying their properties, then moving to playback
- Trigger and playback synchronization between multiple Mbox Player instances, with variable trigger delay
- OSC control of Take, Kill, Load and other functions
- Drag and drop copying of properties between clips
- Edit all clip properties during playback
- Audio playback (up to 8 channels) with volume control and variable audio delay
- Playback of standalone and sidecar audio files
Mbox Player can be used on any Apple® Mac® computer with an Intel 64-bit processor, running macOS 10.10 Yosemite through 10.15 Catalina. (Note: Versions of Mbox Player prior to v1.1 are not compatible with Mojave or Catalina.) For evaluation purposes, the Mbox Player software will run in demo mode with only minor limitations until a license is purchased. We always recommend testing the software on your computer prior to purchasing, as hardware setup can have an impact on performance.
Mbox Player can be licensed with a USB key or a soft-license. To purchase a USB license key, please contact your local PRG office. To purchase a soft-license key, please click on the button below.
Until a license is purchased, Mbox Player can run in a demo mode with only minor limitations.
We strongly recommend testing on your computer prior to purchasing.
Purchases made by clicking the button above are for an Mbox Player soft-license with limitations on the number of installations, and not for a USB license key. If you would prefer a USB license key that can be moved to any computer, please contact your local PRG office.
*As of July 1, 2019, the original "EWS" soft-license for Mbox Player is no longer available for purchase (existing licenses will continue to work). A replacement soft-licensing system, "QLM", has been implemented in the Mbox Player v1.2 release and will be the only soft-licensing system available for new purchases from July 12, 2019 forwards. Please see the note below in regard to the limitations of the soft-license.
**The Mbox Player soft-license allows the software license to be activated on only one computer, which limits use of the software to only one computer at a time. The license allows for unlimited deactivations and reactivations. EWS Purchase Terms & Conditions ShareIt Purchase Terms & Conditions