Video has become an increasingly important element in live entertainment. The Mbox® family of media server software gives users easy to use and flexible solutions for video playback and composition. While the Mbox software can be controlled by a lighting console, that may not be the right choice for everyone, and that’s where Mbox Director comes in. Director is the easiest way to start using the Mbox software, and due to its advanced features it can also be used on larger and more complex shows.
**NEW RELEASE - March 29, 2022 - Mbox Director v4.4.5 with bug fixes**
Scroll to the bottom of this page for more information and downloads
Have any questions about Mbox? Contact MboxSupport@prg.com
- Mbox Director is free to download and use in any situation
- Provides simple, easy control of one or more Mbox servers in both live and pre-cued situations
- Cuing with parameter crossfade and delay timing, not just preset recall
- Visual feedback and a content media picker speed up programming
- Scene recall can be triggered manually, via timeline/timecode/time-of-day, and by MIDI, OSC, or Art-Net/sACN
- Palettes, Presets, and Groups to speed up repetitive programming tasks
- Submaster controls with filtering for independent playback and mastering of parameters, layers, or servers
- Connection to an Mbox® media server is not required - can be used for offline editing of show data
Mbox Director can be used to control all aspects of the Mbox media server software for both programming and playback, eliminating the need for a lighting console. It allows for simple, easy control of the Mbox media server software through its familiar and easily understandable GUI. Allowing for quick, visual programming, the control parameters in Director have not been diluted, giving users access to the full range of control. The Director application runs on any compatible computer and can control the Mbox media server software running on the same computer or on a networked computer.
The latest Mbox Director software is compatible with macOS versions from 10.10 Yosemite to 12 Monterey, and with both Intel and Apple Silicon processor computers. While the software is not yet native to Apple Silicon processors, a universal version is in development. (Note: Older versions of the Mbox Director software are not compatible with newer versions of macOS or with Apple Silicon processor computers.)