Video has become an increasingly important element in live entertainment. The Mbox® media server software gives users easy to use and flexible solutions for video playback and composition. While the Mbox software can be controlled by a lighting console, that may not be the right choice for everyone, and that’s where Mbox Director comes in. Director is the easiest way to start programming and running shows with the Mbox software, and due to its advanced features it can also be used on larger and more complex shows.
**NEW RELEASE - December 5, 2023 - Mbox® Director v5.0.1**
- Mbox Director is free to download and use in any situation
- Provides simple, easy control of one or more Mbox servers in both live and pre-cued situations
- Cuing with parameter crossfade and delay timing, not just preset recall
- Visual feedback and a content media picker speed up programming
- Total output size is limited only by the capabilities of the hardware
- Scene recall can be triggered manually, via timeline/timecode/time-of-day, and by MIDI, OSC, or Art-Net/sACN
- Palettes, Presets, and Groups to speed up repetitive programming tasks
- Submaster controls with filtering for independent playback and mastering of parameters, layers, or servers
- Connection to Mbox media server software is not required - Director can be used for offline editing of show data
Mbox Director can be used to control all aspects of the Mbox media server software for both programming and playback, eliminating the need for a lighting console. It allows for simple, easy control of the Mbox media server software through its familiar and easily understandable GUI. Allowing for quick, visual programming, the control parameters in Director have not been diluted, giving users access to the full range of control. The Director application runs on any compatible Mac computer and can control the Mbox media server software running on the same computer or on a networked computer.
The Mbox Director software is compatible with macOS versions from 10.14.6 Mojave to 13 Ventura. Mbox Director is a universal application that will run natively on both Apple Silicon and Intel processors and is compatible with all recent Apple Mac computers.
For more information choose one of the resources: