Mbox® Player is the newest version of the Mbox media server software.
US$599 List Price
- Simple user interface with immediate feedback
- Flexible video output resolution (up to 4K60) from connected display devices
- Playback of content up to 4K resolution
- Configurable transitions between media clips - cuts, delays, and crossfades, seamless looping
- Trigger and playback synchronization between multiple Mbox Player instances, with variable trigger delay
- Drag and drop copying of properties between clips
- Edit all clip properties during playback
- Audio playback (up to 8 channels) with volume control and variable audio delay
Check out the Mbox Comparison Chart for more details on the differences between Mbox Studio, Studio+, Mini, and Designer.
Mbox Player is a media playback application created with the ideas of simple setup, quick programming, and streamlined playback control. Player is based on the technology found in PRG's existing line of Mbox media server software. Because of this, Player benefits from 10+ years of media playback expertise and a commitment to ease-of-use and reliability.
Mbox Player offers video professionals a simple, fast, and reliable platform for the delivery of typical 16:9 video with built-in looping and crossfading. It is the perfect choice for the video professional looking to provide linear cueing and single-layer playback control without the complexity of a typical media server.
Mbox Player is designed for the playback and output of individual video and still image clips with the ability to apply a variable crossfade or delay between each item. Player’s interface uses the industry-standard concept of Preview and Program buses to provide both a look ahead view in the Preview bus, and when loaded into the Program bus, clips are output from the computer’s show output.
Mbox Player can be used on any Apple® Mac® computer with an Intel 64-bit processor, running macOS 10.10 Yosemite through 10.15 Catalina. (Note: Versions of Mbox Player prior to v1.1 are not compatible with Mojave or Catalina.) For evaluation purposes, the Mbox Player software will run in demo mode with only minor limitations until a license is purchased. We always recommend testing the software on your computer prior to purchasing, as hardware setup can have an impact on performance.
For more information choose one of the resources:
Mbox Player v1.3.1 r10188
Mbox Player v1.3 r10096
Mbox Player v1.2.1 r10033
Mbox Player v1.2 r9947a
Mbox Player v1.1 r9505a
Mbox Player Software Release Notes v1.3.1
Mbox Player Software Release Notes v1.3
Mbox Player Software Release Notes v1.2
Mbox Player Software Release Notes v1.1
Mbox Player Software Release Notes v1.0.1
Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit
- Original activation opened in Toronto in July of 2020, producers now plan to activate in 17 US cities
- Current activations include Toronto Chicago, and New York with 2021 openings planned in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Charlotte
- Visuals powered by 52 projectors and 14 Mbox media servers
- Audio, Lighting, Media Servers, Projection, and CAD work by PRG
- Produced by Lighthouse Immersive
Heiligengeistfeld Drive-In Cinema
- LED screens chosen to provide daytime visibility
- Provided Mbox Player and Ascender 16 for both screens
- FM transmitter audio solution for increased social distancing
- All site lighting and screen rigging by PRG
- Agency: Uwe Bergmann Agentur (UBA)