Video composition has become an increasingly important element not only for live entertainment, but also for TV and Film work and corporate events. Mbox® Designer is the most fully-featured license level of the Mbox media server family and is intended for use on larger or more involved shows requiring complex composition across multiple display surfaces.
**NEW RELEASE - October 10, 2023 - Mbox® v5.0**
US$2500 Yearly Subscription
- 24 playback layers for 2D and 3D content, each with single-layercrossfade
- Up to 32 independent output masters: levels, camera, effect, keystone, and shutter
- Full 3D object and viewpoint manipulation for creative composition or projection mapping
- Flexible output options: built-in outputs, Blackmagic devices, Syphon, and NDI®
- Total output size is limited only by the capabilities of the hardware
- Playback of 4K+ content (images, movies, image sequences)
- Up to 8 video inputs from Blackmagic and AVFoundation sources, plus Syphon and NDI® inputs
- Pixel mapping with an unlimited number of pixels
- Audio playback with independent volume control on every layer
Check out the Mbox Comparison Chart for more details on the differences between the Mbox Designer, Studio, Studio Plus, and Mini license levels.
Every Mbox license includes single-layer crossfading, a key component of the Mbox software which makes programming fast and easy. The Designer license builds on the Mbox playback, composition, effect, and transition functions by adding the full 3D capabilities as well as unlimited pixel mapping and image remapping. With its flexibility and ability to deliver multi-layer compositions to multiple surfaces simultaneously, Designer is a great choice for TV and film work, or large shows with both video and pixel mapping.
Subscription licenses for Mbox Designer are available as either soft-licenses or USB license keys:
- Subscriptions have a duration of one year, and while active will license any new release of the Mbox software at the subscription license level.
- Soft-license subscriptions allow for two concurrent activations, the first for an active computer and the second for a backup or programming computer. License activation/deactivation requires an internet connection, and the Mbox software will perform periodic checks for license validity - these checks require an internet connection.
- USB key subscriptions allow for only one activation, as the license activation is tied to a physical device that must be plugged into the computer. No internet connection is required when using a USB license key.
- Soft-licenses are delivered electronically and become active immediately upon purchase. USB key licenses become active when first used with the Mbox software. Once active, both license types expire after one year (365 days).
- Soft-licenses sold outside of Germany can be set to renew and bill the original payment source automatically.
- USB key subscription renewals are always manual and must be handled by a PRG representative.
If you have any questions about subscription licensing for Mbox, or if you would rather purchase a USB license key for Mbox Designer or would like to upgrade any existing Mbox license please contact MboxSupport@PRG.com.
If you would like to purchase a new subscription soft-license for Mbox Designer, please use the purchase button below to visit our MyCommerce online sales portal. When purchasing a soft-license for Mbox, we recommend that you create a MyCommerce user account to allow you to manage your subscription.
The Mbox software is compatible with macOS versions from 10.14.6 Mojave to 13 Ventura. Mbox is a universal application that will run natively on both Apple Silicon and Intel processors and is compatible with all recent Apple Mac computers.
For evaluation purposes, the Mbox software can be freely downloaded for testing and will run in demo mode (with minor limitations) until a subscription is purchased. We always recommend testing the Mbox software on your computer prior to purchasing a subscription, as your computer’s hardware may impact performance.
For more information choose one of the resources:
Mbox v4 - Chapter 1 - Welcome
Mbox v4 - Chapter 2 - Patch
Mbox v4 - Chapter 3 - Preferences
Mbox v4 - Chapter 4 - Outputs Part 1
Mbox v4 - Chapter 5 - Outputs Part 2
Mbox v4 - Chapter 6 - Fullscreen Mode
Mbox v4 - Chapter 7 - Director Submasters
Mbox v4 - Chapter 8 - Pixel Mapping - Independent Control RGBW
Mbox v4 - Chapter 9 - Sync to Timecode
Mbox v4 - Chapter 10 - Serial Over Ethernet
Mbox v4 - Chapter 11 - Scenic Tracking Part 1
Mbox v4 - Chapter 12 - Scenic Tracking Part 2
Mbox v4 - Chapter 13 - Patching on grandMA 2