Mbox Designer is a fully-featured media server solution intended for larger or more complex setups like live TV shows or film work.
- 24 playback layers for 2D and 3D content, all with single-layer crossfade
- Up to 32 independently controllable outputs: Levels, Camera, Effects, Keystone and Shutter
- Full 3D object and viewpoint manipulation for composition or projection mapping
- Flexible video output resolution (up to 4K60) from built-in and Blackmagic devices
- Up to 8 video inputs from QuickTime, Blackmagic or Active Silicon devices
Mbox® Designer v4 is the highest specification in the Mbox family of media server software. As the fully-featured version of the Mbox, Designer can have 24 playback layers, 32 independently mastered outputs, and 8 video inputs. Like all members of the Mbox family, Designer includes the single-layer crossfading that makes Mbox so easy to use and fast to program. Designer offers substantial power and versatility, operating identically to the other Mbox software versions in playback, effects, and transition functions and adding the full capabilities of unlimited pixel-mapping, image remapping, and 3D projection mapping.
Mbox Designer v4 can be used on any Apple® Mac® computer with an Intel 64-bit processor, running macOS 10.10 Yosemite through 10.15 Catalina. (Note: Versions of Mbox prior to v4.3.2 are not compatible with macOS 10.14 Mojave, versions prior to v4.4.1 are not compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina.) For evaluation purposes, the Mbox Designer v4 software will run in demo mode with only minor limitations until a license is purchased. We always recommend testing the software on your computer prior to purchasing, as hardware setup can have an impact on performance.
Mbox Designer v4 is licensed using a USB license key that can be moved to any computer. If you would like to purchase a license key for Mbox Designer v4 or upgrade an existing Mbox USB license key to Designer v4, please contact your local PRG office.
For more information choose one of the resources:
Heiligengeistfeld Drive-In Cinema
- LED screens chosen to provide daytime visibility
- Provided Mbox Player and Ascender 16 for both screens
- FM transmitter audio solution for increased social distancing
- All site lighting and screen rigging by PRG
- Agency: Uwe Bergmann Agentur (UBA)