Mbox® Studio is the most popular product in the Mbox media server family. It includes the single-layer crossfading that makes Mbox so easy to use and fast to program, while also offering substantial power, versatility, and all the tools necessary for medium to large live events and permanent installations.
**NEW RELEASE - March 28, 2022 - Mbox® Studio v4.4.5**
US$1799 / $2999 List Price (Studio / Studio+)
US$500 Upgrade from Mbox Studio v3 to Studio v4
US$1200 Upgrade from Mbox Studio v4 to Studio+ v4
- 12 playback layers for 2D and 3D content, all with single-layer crossfade
- Up to 32 outputs, with a max of 8 independent output masters: levels, effect, keystone and shutter
- Simplified 3D object manipulation for creative composition
- Flexible output resolutions (up to 4K at 60Hz) through built-in outputs, Blackmagic devices, Syphon, and NewTek NDI®
- Total output size 17.69 million pixels - 8192x2160 (Studio+) or 8.85 million pixels - 4096x2160 (Studio)
- Playback of 4K+ content (still, movies, image sequences)
- Up to 4 video inputs from Blackmagic, AVFoundation, Syphon, or NewTek NDI® sources
- Audio playback with independent volume control on every layer
- 16,000 pixels (Studio+) or 8000 pixels (Studio) for pixel mapping
Check out the Mbox Comparison Chart for more details on the differences between Mbox Studio, Studio+, Mini and Designer.
Like all members of the Mbox family, Studio includes the single-layer crossfading that makes Mbox so easy to use and fast to program. Studio provides all the tools necessary for medium to large shows and installations that don’t require the full 3D capabilities of the Mbox Designer software. If you need just that little bit more, Mbox Studio can be upgraded to Mbox Studio+. The Studio+ upgrade extends the capabilities of the Studio software: doubling the video output, pixel mapping, and image remapping capabilities, and also adding Syphon output from layers.
Mbox Studio and Studio+ can be licensed using either a USB license key or a soft-license. If you would like to purchase a USB license key for Mbox Studio/Studio+ or upgrade an existing Mbox USB license key to Studio/Studio+, please contact your local PRG office. If you would like to purchase a soft-license, please use one of the purchase buttons below.
The latest Mbox Studio software is compatible with macOS versions from 10.10 Yosemite to 12 Monterey, and with both Intel and Apple Silicon processor computers. While the software is not yet native to Apple Silicon processors, a universal version is in development. (Note: Older versions of the Mbox software are not compatible with newer versions of macOS or with Apple Silicon processor computers.)
For evaluation purposes, the Mbox Studio software will run in demo mode (with only minor limitations) until a license is purchased. We always recommend testing the software on your computer prior to purchasing, as hardware can have an impact on performance.
For more information choose one of the resources:
Mbox v4 - Chapter 1 - Welcome
Mbox v4 - Chapter 2 - Patch
Mbox v4 - Chapter 3 - Preferences
Mbox v4 - Chapter 4 - Outputs Part 1
Mbox v4 - Chapter 5 - Outputs Part 2
Mbox v4 - Chapter 6 - Fullscreen Mode
Mbox v4 - Chapter 7 - Director Submasters
Mbox v4 - Chapter 8 - Pixel Mapping - Independent Control RGBW
Mbox v4 - Chapter 9 - Sync to Timecode
Mbox v4 - Chapter 10 - Serial Over Ethernet
Mbox v4 - Chapter 11 - Scenic Tracking Part 1
Mbox v4 - Chapter 12 - Scenic Tracking Part 2
Mbox v4 - Chapter 13 - Patching on grandMA 2
Heiligengeistfeld Drive-In Cinema
- LED screens chosen to provide daytime visibility.
- Provided Mbox® Player and Ascender 16 for both screens.
- FM transmitter audio solution for increased social distancing.
- All site lighting and screen rigging by PRG.
- Agency: Uwe Bergmann Agentur (UBA).